Whether by land or by sea we’ve got you covered.

Marine and Boat Insurance

If you own a personal boat, a specialised marine insurance policy through Hood Insurance Brokers can provide for repair or replacement of your boat following damage or an accident. Additional benefits can also be included in your policy such as rescue and salvage costs, medical expenses if injury is caused in a boating accident or a benefit providing for the costs associated with emergency towing back to shore. A pleasure craft insurance policy can also cover some personal effects that you have on board your vessel at the time of the damage or accident. A full list of the circumstances you will be insured for is available from us at any time. You can rest assured that with Hood Insurance, your policy will be efficient, affordable and personalised to suit your unique needs.

Comprehensive Marine Insurance

This is the marine insurance for you if you operate a business that involves one or more seagoing vessels. Examples of this include ferries, chartered vessels for fishing/sightseeing tours, fishing boats or transport vessels. This insurance gives your business the protection it needs to remain profitable despite unforeseen accidents to your boat or fleet. Multiple boats or vessels can be covered by the same policy, meaning your assets can be protected as effectively and simply as possible.

Marine Cargo

Marine cargo insurance covers goods that are in transit either shipped by boat or by rail, road or air. Your policy will cover you for accidental loss or damage to your goods in transit, as well as costs and liabilities associated with damage such as salvage costs. Loss of profits can also be covered here.

      • An Open Cargo policy can cover you if your business regularly ships goods. It provides permanent cover for the cargo being transported over many trips.
      • A Single Trip policy can cover you if your transportation is a one off. Each individual trip can be insured for less than the recurring annual amount of an Open Cargo policy. This cover can benefit you if you are either looking for a more cost effective option or the goods transportation will not be a constant recurring aspect of your business.

Household Goods Transit

Household Goods Transit cover is cost effective and useful form of insurance that protects your accidental loss or damage to household contents or personal effects that are in transit. If you are moving house, be it across town or across the world, this policy can give you peace of mind while your precious property is in the hands of another.

Why Hood Insurance Brokers?

100+ Years

in NZ General Insurance Services


Kiwi Owned and Operated

Request an Insurance Quote Today

Tell us about how we can help and an Insurance Broker will be in touch with you.


"*" indicates required fields